Algae contamination must be rectified before painting, failure to do so will result in a peeling paint system and mould or algae returning very quickly after painting. It is also advisable to use Paintcor’s Elegance Silk or Matt with anti mould and algae technology as a finishing coat to stop the return of mould and algae.
Determining your product requirement:
- Measure area to which Ushevu is to be applied.
- Check the Theoretical Spread Rates (TSR) on each of the specified products and see how many coats of each are recommended, then calculate what quantities of each product you will require.
- Mix 1 litre Ushevu with 19 litres of water.
- Apply Ushevu to all affected areas using a scrubbing action with a nylon brush or a broom and leave on the surface for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, wash surface to remove trace of dead algae and Ushevu. Allow to dry. Algae will turn from green to brown, this dead Algae must be brushed
- Paint as soon as surface is
Relevant Product Information
|Theoretical Spread Rate||20m² per litre|
|No. of Coats required||1 Coat|
|Application Method||Brush, Roller or Spray|
|Drying Time||@ 25°C – 24 hours|