2K WATERPROOFING SYSTEM (ACRYLATEX & CEMENT)
Description and Application
- Ensure flat deck concrete roof is clean, dry and free from crumbly or other unsound
- Apply 1 coat of Paintcor AcrySeal to the entire deck including parapet walls. Allow ± 1 hour to dry @ 25°C.
- Mix equal parts by volume not by weight (1:1) of AcryLatex and Cement. Mix the slurry well, ensuring no
- Apply 1 liberal coat of the Latex slurry by brush or roller to the entire deck including the parapet Bed
Paintcor’s alkali-resistant bandage into the wet latex and cement slurry. Apply small sections at a time ensuring that the latex cement mix is still wet when bedding the bandage into it. Ensure there are no folds or hollows in the bandage system. Allow 2 hours @ 25°C to dry.
- Finally, apply a second liberal coat of AcryLatex and Cement slurry to completely cover the bandage. Allow 48 hours to
- Overcoat the completed AcryLatex 2 K system with at least two coats of Paintcor’s RuvAcryl, Elegance or AquaSeal. (Product required depending on colour and guarantee terms requested).
HINTS AND TIPS
- Bandage the entire roof including the edge.
- Adhere to drying.
- Finishing the Flat deck in the colour white is recommended to keep temperatures down in the home and it reduces expansion and contraction of the flat deck.
- With the choice of top coats, your deck can be finished in the colour of your choice.
The Flat deck must be inspected annually to ensure drainage is open and that there are no structural defects.
The following maintenance must be carried out depending on the top coat used:
- AquaSeal Top Coat: New coat to be applied every 3 to 4 years after
- RuvAcryl Top Coat: New coat to be applied every 7 years after
- Elegance Top Coat: New top coat to be applied every 7 or more years after
Should these terms not be adhered to the guarantee will become null and void. The guarantee does not cover structural defects.