INTERIOR FLOOR COATS
Determining your product requirement:
- Measure the surface area you wish to
- Determine which products are needed for the surface you wish to paint and the finish you wish to achieve.
- Check the Theoretical Spread Rates (TSR) on each of the specified products and see how many coats of each are recommended, then calculate what quantities of each product you will require, remembering to make adjustments for the porosity for each surface. TSRs are based on products applied to smooth, sealed (E.g. an unsealed, rough concrete floor will absorb more paint than a sealed smooth floor, so allow for a lower spread rate on porous surfaces).
- Check out the specifications on all the top coat choices (referring to the relevant data sheets) and decide which is right for
SCREEDED FLOORS (INTERIORS)
FRESHLY LAID CONCRETE TO BE PAINTED WITH FLOORCOAT
- Concrete must be laid and properly
- Concrete surface must be dry and free of dirt and dust. SABS specify that a freshly laid concrete floor should cure for 28 days before it can be painted or tiled.
- Acid wash power floated floors with pure hydrochloric acid (pool acid). Scrub the surface with the acid then rinse well with Allow to dry
- Apply first coat of FloorCoat DILUTED 10% with mineral Allow 6 hours to dry.
- Apply second coat of UNDILUTED Floor Allow to dry. Extra coats can be applied for added durability.
- Allow the paint system to cure for 3 days before driving vehicles with hot tyres onto it.
OLD OR PREVIOUSLY PAINTED CONCRETE
- Remove any loose peeling paint. If large unpainted concrete areas are exposed, then acid wash as for new concrete
- Degrease floor if
- Sand existing floor paint to a clean matt Remove sanding dust.
- Ensure floor is
- Prime exposed concrete with FloorCoat DILUTED with 10% mineral Allow 6 hours to dry.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats UNDILUTED FloorCoat. Allow to dry between
Allow the paint system to cure for 3 days before driving vehicles with hot tyres onto it.
Relevant Product Information
|Theoretical Spread Rate||15m² per litre|
|No. of Coats required||2 Coats|
|Application Method||Brush, Roller or Spray|
|Drying Time||@ 25°C – 2 hours touch dry Overcoat – 6 hours
Hard Cure – 4 Days before subjecting to heavy foot traffic
NOTE: If the floor has no DPC or has rising damp problems then please call or email our Technical department for assistance before painting.