RUSCON – Rust Convertor
Ruscon is a water-borne, red rust converter.
Specially formulated to convert red rust on mild steel and galvanized iron into a tough resin coated and converted surface, which can be over-coated without removing rust back to bright steel.
AREAS OF USE
Rusted mild steel or galvanized iron.
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
MILD STEEL AND GALVANISED IRON
- By wire brush, remove only loose or flaking rust. It is important not to remove all rust.
- Wipe the treated area down to remove all dirt and sanding dust.
- Apply using a brush, roller or airless spray.
- Apply one thin, even coat of Ruscon, ensuring that you cover all rust completely. Do not apply over previously painted areas. Spot prime rust only.
- Allow to dry for 4 hours @25?C when using a water-based primer such as Paintcor’s EnviroPrime or 12 hours @25?C when overcoating with Paintcor’s AllPrime plus.
Apply by Brush
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children