GLAZED TILE PRIMER – GTP
Glazed Tile Primer has been specially formulated as a primer for glazed ceramic tiles. It allows you to paint over bathroom and kitchen tiles, saving you the cost of retiling.
? Excellent Adhesion.
? Can be subjected to steam and water within 24 hours (at ? 25?C) of applying your final topcoat.
? Glazed Tile Primer allows you to paint over bathroom and kitchen tiles, saving you the cost of retiling.
AREAS OF USE
? Priming glazed tiles before painting
? Can be used in bathrooms and kitchens
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
1. Wash tiles down with soap and water. Allow drying.
2. Scrub grouting and tiles with Paintcor?s Ushevu (see Ushevu Datasheet) to kill algae, specifically focusing on the grouting. Rinse well and allow to dry.
3. Finally, wipe tiles down with lacquer thinners or methylated spirits to ensure thorough cleaning of all grease from the tiles.
4. Apply 1 coat of Paintcor?s Glazed Tile Primer to the clean dry tiles. Allow drying. Apply Paintcor?s Glazed Tile Primer by brush or roller to an even consistency. Take care not to apply the product too thick.
5. Apply 2 top coats of either Paintcor?s EnviroCoat, Elegance, or EnduraCoat in the desired color of choice. Ensure NOT to use a lower grade product as a topcoat in a bathroom or kitchen.
6. Allow this system at least 24 hours to dry before subjecting it to excessively humid or wet conditions. This system can take up to 7 days to reach full adhesion.
NOTE: Cover the surface to which Glazed Tile Primer is being applied evenly. Do not attempt to spread Glazed Tile Primer too far as this will give a poor streaky finish.
Apply by Brush, Mohair or Sponge Roller
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children.