Wood Treatment / Wood Paint
A ready for use exterior clear or stained wood varnish exhibiting good long-term flexibility and waterproofing properties. Its main use is for the treatment and protection of exterior wood surfaces. This product can only be used on new unpainted wood or wood where the old varnish has been removed or well sanded.
- WoodCoat has been designed to be very flexible using Linoleic Rich Alkyd Resins which will not get as brittle as most other alkyds do over time.
- WoodCoat has good UV resistance and excellent water resistance and once applied will dry to a smooth, clear gloss finish.
- WoodCoat is available in clear and various stains.
AREAS OF USE
- Interior and Exterior wood varnish.
- Ideal for garden sheds or Wendy houses.
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
- Sand wood to a clean, smooth finish. Remove sanding dust.
- For prolonged longevity apply Paintcor’s Wood1st to nourish and protect untreated, exterior wood before application of any varnish. (See WoodFirst Application Data).
- Apply 2 coats WoodCoat to areas of wood which cannot be reached, (bottom and sides), once installed. Allow 12 hours to dry between coats.
- Install wood, then apply 2 coats WoodCoat to all exposed wood (tops), which will seal all screw or nail fitment points. Allow 12 hours to dry between coats.
NOTE: For wood to last outside, it is important to feed and seal all areas of wood including fixing points. Old varnish gets very hard after years of exposure. Some varnish will not accept new top coats and will need to be removed before application of new varnish. Please call our Technical Department for assistance.
Apply by Varnish Brush, Sponge/Mohair Roller or Spray.
Clean all equipment with Turpentine immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children. Flammable product, keep away from open flame.